Smart DNS Services
If you try to use the UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV services on a Freesat set top box or a Sky+HD digibox in Spain from a country other than the UK and ROI, you will be blocked from viewing content.
This is because the UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV content will only be made available to users connecting to the internet using a UK server. This is controlled by checking the IP address for your internet connection.
Your Spanish IP address will be blocked, so UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV content will NOT be available to you on your Freesat set top box or a Sky+HD digibox in Spain.
This is because the UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV content will only be made available to users connecting to the internet using a UK server.
Using a SMART DNS server this “tricks” the UK TV iPlayer Catch-up TV services into thinking you are connecting from the UK, and not connecting from Spain.
Our Recommended SMART DNS for UK TV in Spain
1. Click on the SmartyDNS Banner above
2. Select “Start Now”
3. Choose your SmartyDNS pricing package
4. Select Payment method, and create your SmartyDNS account
5. Check your emails for account creation confirmation (the emails may be in your “junk” or “spam” folders)
6. In your SmartyDNS account Dashboard, go to Packages
7. Click on your package.
8. Click on the Smart DNS tab.
8. Validate your IP Address.
10. Make a note of the DNS numbers, as these will be used later when setting the SmartDNS service on your Sky Digibox.
An alternate SMART DNS service to use is UNBLOCKUS
When using a SMART DNS service, you will have to do revalidate your IP Address this every time your internet connection or router is reset. This is because when reset, you will be allocated another IP address by your internet provider, which needs to be validated on Smart DNSs system before it will work.
To use a SMART DNS service with Freesat, then you will need to install the Smart DNS service on a router (details how to do this to come shortly)
The UK TV Broadcasters are always searching for users accessing their services from abroad using DNS services. They then blacklist those server and access to the UK TV Catch Up and On Demand services will be prevented.