Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube Issue Fix
The Humax Freesat HDR 1100S was a popular Freesat satellite receiver, until Humax lost the contract to manufacture Freesat set top boxes in mid 2019.
Even though the Humax Freesat HDR 1100S is no longer produced, it will still operate.
In early 2021, these units were affected by an issue, whereby the search function in the Youtube application did not work.
For some reason, when you selected search, the “keypad” appears for a second, then disappeared. This meant that you could no longer use the keypad to search for Youtube videos.
It took a while for a fix to be produced.
And this fix was meant to be rolled out to all “internet connected” Humax Freesat HDR 1100S set top boxes, but not all have had the fix. So you may have to perform the software update manually.
I have a copy of the fix. And instructions as to how to apply the fix. And it has worked on the few Humax Freesat HDR 1100S set top boxes I have performed this update on.
However, it should be noted that Humax have reported that this fix did not solve the problem for all users. And so far I do not have an updated fix.
Download the Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube fix instructions:
NOTE : You do this process at your own risk. The file is from Humax. The instructions are from Humax. Follow them correctly. I take no responsibility should anything go wrong during this process.
1. Download the .hdf file to your PC or laptop – FILE LINK
2. Check the file name is “hdr1000s_upgrade.hdf” (you will not need to rename the file or change the extension)
3. Connect the USB memory stick to the PC / laptop and copy the file to a root folder of the USB. (Do not place the file in a folder)
4. Remove the USB memory stick from your PC or laptop and insert it to the front or rear USB connection on your Humax Freetime recorder, with the Humax disconnected from the power
5. Press and hold the Channel DOWN button/arrow on the front/top of your set top box and at the same time switch it back on at the mains or reconnect the power cable.
6. The download progress will appear on your TV screen and on the front display of your set top box.
7. When the download is completed message will appear on the screen.
8. To complete the process:
a. Remove the USB memory stick
b. Press the Standby button on the front of your set top box.
Note: USB Pen must be formatted in FAT32
The software must be on the root directory of the USB Pen (i.e. not saved in a folder)
If the update does not start then please make sure the filename is correct (hdr1000s_upgrade.hdf)
The file you download will already have the “.hdf” extension, there is no need to add the “.hdf” extension; your Windows explorer options maybe hiding filename extensions.
Not all USB Pens will be recognised, try a different USB Pen.