BBC Global Iplayer to be dropped
BBC Worldwide chief Tim Davie has revealed his vision for the corporation’s commercial arm – BBC Worldwide.
He said plans for a global iPlayer app had been scrapped. The plan for a new standalone subscription-based iPlayer app for global markets, which was first mooted in 2010 and has been in market testing for two years, is to be dropped.
The global iPlayer app will be folded into a revamped BBC.com, which will include a new long-form video player.
BBC.com will include a digital store where international consumers will be able to buy, watch and keep programmes.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Three launch date announce
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Paramount Network TV channel to name change to 5Action
- Australian Open Tennis 2022 – UK TV Coverage – European TV Coverage
- 4k Freesat Boxes get large update
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- BBC Top 20 over the festive period
- Is Channel 4 HD returning to Freesat soon?