Mayweather / Pacquiao and the fight against internet piracy
A Filipino IT professor has been arrested by local authorities on suspicion of running a pirate streaming site. According to ABS-CBN the professor planned to illegally stream the Mayweather / Pacquiao fight. In addition to a criminal investigation the man faces millions of dollars in damages in U.S. court.
Further HBO and Showtime are not known to go after pirate sites, but the upcoming Mayweather v Pacquiao fight has proven to be an exception. Together with Mayweather Promotions and Top Rank Boxing the companies have sued two websites that announced intentions to stream the fight this weekend.
In a unique pre-piracy case, the companies accuse the sites’ owners of various copyright related offenses of an event that has yet to take place
The lawsuit has already had some effect as boxinghd.net has thrown in the towel and is no longer advertising the fight.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- ITV HD satellite changes
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels