BBC outlines TV football coverage for 2016 / 17 season
The BBC has outlined its football coverage on TV for the coming season, with a new mid-week Premier League magazine programme and an extended Football Focus on Saturday.
Devoid of much in the way of live football coverage, beyond the FA Cup and a selection of Women’s Football fixtures, the BBC is looking to enhance its highlights and analysis output, with Gabby Logan to present a new mid-week Premier League Show, featuring in depth interviews with the biggest Premier League stars from its home at the National Football Museum in Manchester. On a regular basis, Gary Lineker will front a standalone feature as part of the programme on football’s hottest topics. The Premier League Show will start on Thursday 25th August on BBC Two.
At the weekend, in addition to Match of the Day, the action will include MOTD2 (Sunday evening) and MotD2 Extra (Sunday lunchtime) presented by Mark Chapman, an extended hour-long Football Focus with Dan Walker (starting September 10th, until then maintaining its current regular time slot) and Final Score with Jason Mohammad (usually from 4pm on BBC One).
The FA Cup will be live on the BBC, with the broadcaster due to show 16 live matches and highlights from every round.
The BBC will continue to cover women’s football throughout the 2016/17 season. Highlights include England v Estonia in a live Euro 2017 qualifier on BBC Two on 15 September at 7pm. The Lionesses have already qualified for next year’s tournament in Holland but will want to top their group. The Women’s Football Show returns to BBC Two on Bank Holiday Monday, 29 August when Manchester City will continue their bid to be crowned FA Women’s Super League champions and Women’s Super League 2 Yeovil look to promotion.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- SkyEspaña set to close on 1st September
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Sky / Freesat channel changes – many channels moving satellites from Eutelsat to Astra
- Viacom to close at least 6 UK satellite channels soon
- First image for the new Arris Freesat receiver