BT Sport wins exclusive European Rugby rights
BT Sport has won the right to exclusively show live coverage of the European Rugby Champions Cup and the European Rugby Challenge Cup from next year.
The new deal, starting from the 2018/19 season, will see BT Sport showing all of the best European Club Rugby matches until at least 2021/22. Up to 134 matches over nine weekends will be broadcast in both competitions and will be shown live on BT Sport.
BT Sport’s Rugby Tonight programme will continue to complement live coverage.
At least 22 clubs from England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland compete in both tournaments per season with their matches televised on BT Sport.
Andy Haworth, BT’s managing director of content and strategy, said:
“BT Sport is now the home of elite European rugby, as well as the home of Aviva Premiership Rugby. We’re proud to have won all of the live rights for this fantastic competition. We’re extremely passionate about our rugby coverage and will continue to work hard to grow the profile of the sport.”
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels