Sky Sports has announced details of new comprehensive highlights rights for the football Premier League.
The three-year deal – which commences from the 2013/14 season – will bring extended highlights to all of the 226 Premier League matches not shown live on television.
Goals and key moments from the games will also be available across Sky Sports and Sky Sports News including Goals on Saturday and Soccer Saturday. From August 2013, Sky Sports will offer viewers ‘Game of the Day’, a full 90-minute replay of the best Saturday 3pm match from 8pm the same evening.
‘Match Choice’ will also be a choice of 45-minute highlights from all Saturday 3pm games, available through Sky’s interactive red button service from 10pm onwards.
Barney Francis, managing director of Sky Sports, said: “This is fantastic news for Sky Sports viewers who will continue to enjoy unrivalled coverage of the Barclays Premier League on TV and wherever they are with Sky Go.
“We’ll give fans the first chance to see extended highlights of all the matches every Saturday, as well as the key moments throughout the week.
“Add these rights to our 116 live matches from next season, which include Monday Night Football and Super Sunday double-headers, and Sky Sports truly remains the home of the Barclays Premier League.” He added: “This is the latest in a series of rights agreements that has seen us secure an unrivalled offering of sports across the UK and Ireland.
“In 2013 alone, our viewers can enjoy live Barclays Premier League and UEFA Champions League football, Ashes cricket home and away, British & Irish Lions tour, three of golf’s Majors, F1 and the Solheim Cup.”
Sky Sports recently unveiled a new iPad app that uses the same analysis tools during football matches as Gary Neville and Ed Chamberlain on Ford Monday Night Football.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released