New UK TV Satellite News:
It appears that some of the Sky PAY channels are in the process of moving from their old satellite to their new satellite.
It has been reported today some Sky PAY channels may have moved from their old satellite (Astra 2a and 2B) to their new satellite, Astra 2F.
Reports suggest that some channels have moved to the new “European beam” on 2F.
We know something is happening as people in the “extreme fringe reception areas” are reporting a loss of channels today, in areas like the Canary Islands.
Channels that are affected include:
Gold Comedy Central HD
Sky News SD
Sky Sports 3 HD
Sky Sports News HD
Animal Planet HD
Nat Geo HD
So, what does this mean for Sky TV reception on the mainland of Spain
As the channels are moving from their old beams, which even 2.4md dishes may have struggled to receive 24/7, to a new “European beam” on Asta 2F, this may mean that some of the channels that were lost mid afternoon, may now be available 24/7…and maybe even available on 1m dishes here in the Costa Blanca / Valencia area.
UPDATE: This satellite move by Sky channels can be confirmed. In my service area, some of the channels affected were not available 24/7 even on the “big 2.4m satellite dishes”. Today, some of them are fine and stable on my 80cm satellite dish. Thus confirming their move from Astra 2A North beam, to Astra 2F European Beam
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!