Channel 4 is to become the new terrestrial television home of the NFL and Super Bowl as part of a new two-year deal with the National Football League.
The deal sees Channel 4 become the NFL’s exclusive free-to-air TV partner in the UK.
Channel 4 will also feature live coverage of the NFL’s annual games at Wembley Stadium – beginning with the two games scheduled in 2013 – and the Superbowl, previously shown by the BBC.
Channel 4 will air:
Super Bowl live: The 2013/4 Super Bowl XLVIII will be played in New York/New Jersey’s MetLife Stadium on Sunday February 2.
NFL International Series games live: The NFL will stage two games at Wembley in 2013: Pittsburgh Steelers at Minnesota Vikings (September 29) and San Francisco 49ers at Jacksonville Jaguars (October 27).
Sunday Night Football live: The NFL’s biggest game of the week, which has been aired on Channel 4 over the past three seasons, kicking off at 1:30 a.m. The new season begins on Sunday September 8.
Channel 4 was the first UK station to feature regular NFL coverage when it began its ‘American Football’ programme after its launch in November 1982. The station’s coverage evolved into a mix of live games, highlights and magazines shows and continued until January 1998.
Channel 4’s NFL coverage will kick off on Sunday September 8 with a traditional NFC East division rivalry as the Dallas Cowboys host the New York Giants. The London-bound 49ers, Super Bowl runners-up last season, feature in Week 2 against the Seattle Seahawks.
Sky Sports will continue to broadcast the Thursday night game, and the two Sunday afternoon/evening games, as well as the Super Bowl.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!