EPG data for UTV HD, the Northern Ireland ITV variation, has appeared on satellite, in anticipation that the high definition simulcast of Northern Irish Channel 3 licence holder UTV will be launched soon.
For several months, there has been a duplicated version of ITV HD for the Granada region on the Astra 2F satellite. Now, the service tagged as “20780” on transponder 63 on Astra 2F, has started to transmit electronic programme guide (EPG) data associated with UTV HD, although the video continues to simulcast the main itv HD schedule.
UTV HD first launched on Virgin Media in Northern Ireland on the 5th October 2010 before joining Freeview HD following digital switchover on the 24th October 2012. UTV HD was originally expected to go onto satellite by the end of last year. At one point UTV indicated that it would be launching UTV HD on satellite by the end of the second quarter of 2013, but then stated that “commercial reasons” were holding back the launch.
In recent weeks, UTV’s official line has been that “plans are underway to provide UTV HD on Sky and Freesat in Northern Ireland by the end of 2013.” UTV has so far not commented on the most recent developments.
Satellite – Astra 2F
Frequency – 11053
Polarisation – Horizontal
Symbol Rate – 22000
FEC – 5/6
Currently tagged as “20780”
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Confusion About Free UK Television in Spain – Freeview – Freesat – Free to air – Free to view
- The difference between a QUAD LNB and QUATTRO LNB
- Live FA Cup Football on Spanish TV for free
- 60ft WWII satelite dishes found in field in Lincolnshire.