Qatar-based pay-TV broadcaster Al Jazeera Sport has secured the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) rights for the UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League from 2015-2018.
“All UEFA Champions League and UEFA Europa League matches will be shown live, confirming Al Jazeera’s continued commitment to the tournaments both in terms of production and also in terms of programming,” said a statement on the UEFA website.
Al Jazeera – already the regional home of live English Premier League until summer 2016 – will also screen extensive highlights and delayed programming of the European club competitions, with services provided in Arabic, English and French, the football association said.
Al Jazeera Sport already broadcasts the two UEFA club competitions to 23 countries across its 19 channels, which also host top-flight Spanish and Italian league football, FA Cup football, and Brazil and England international matches
Source: Al Jazeera wins UEFA Champions League rights for MENA rapidtvnews.com/index.php/2013090929634/al-jazeera-wins-uefa-champions-league-rights-for-mena.html
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released