BSkyB has secured exclusive UK live TV rights to the Indian Premier League Twenty20 cricket competition, currently broadcast by ITV4, from 2015.
Under the three-year deal, Sky Sports will broadcast 60 live IPL matches each season from next year.
The deal bolsters Sky’s sports rights portfolio in its battle with pay-TV rival BT, which followed up its Premier League move by snatching Champions League football rights last year.
ITV4 has broadcast live IPL coverage since 2010 and will air this year’s competition.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- The difference between a QUAD LNB and QUATTRO LNB
- Live FA Cup Football on Spanish TV for free
- 60ft WWII satelite dishes found in field in Lincolnshire.
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV