With the recent loss of BBC and ITV channels in southern most areas of Spain and Portugal, some installers are promoting and installing a “magic new satellite” for UK TV.
This “magic solution” is actually Intelsat 907, located at 27.5º west. It carries a small handful of BBC, ITV and C4 channels.
More about this service can be found at : http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/intelsat_907_uk_tv_channels.php
However, all is not as good as it seems.
The channels on this satellite are basically a back up in case of a failure of the UK Freeview distribution system
Unlike the more commonly used public and free to air BBC and ITV channels, the chanensl on Intelsat 907 are encrypted. The BISS encryption is regularly broken by hackers, and so allowing access to these channels. When the codes change, the new codes are posted on the internet within days. sometimes weeks may pass. But it can leave poeple who do not know the codes with no TV. Again. and a potentially large bill for a system that can leave them with no UK TV as promised!
Some people who have had this system installed have expressed surprised when informed about the illegal hacking required to access these channels, and that their “installer” failed to tell them this. And they failed to be told that when the codes change there could be a delay of days or weeks until the new codes are known.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Sky Arts to be available for free on Freeview and Freesat and Sky boxes soon.
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Three new ITV HD regions testing on satellite, reception may cause problems for Spain
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Recommended Internet Speeds for IPTV
- Freesat drops a load of music channels