Free to air and Free to View – terminology confusion
FTA stands for ‘Free-to-air‘ – which means that the channel does not need a viewing card or even a sky digibox, any digital satellite receiver is fine.
FTV stands for ‘Free-to-viewthe channel needs a viewing card (either a subscription or a non subscription “Freesat from Sky”) and a Sky-branded digibox.
These are just some of the popular channels that are FTA and do no need any sky viewing card whatsoever :
BBC1, BBC2, BBC3, BBC4
ITV1, ITV2, ITV3, ITV4 (plus all timeshift versions)
Channel4, Five, BBC1HD, BBC2HD, ITV HD, STV HD
Film4, E4, More4, (plus all timeshift versions)
True Movies1, True Movies2, Movies4men, Movies4men2, Men & Motors,
CBS Action, CBS Reality, Chart Show, The Vault, Fizz, Bliss, Scuzz, Flaunt,,
BBC News24, Sky News, Bloomberg, CNN, Euronews
CBBC, Cbeebies, CITV, Pop, Tiny Pop, Pop Girl, Kix!
plus well over 50 digital radio stations, far too much to list.
Current FTV channels that require a 1-off payment “freesat from sky” viewing card, or a subscription card and a sky branded digibox are-
Liverpool FC TV
Sony Movies TV
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- More ITV1 SD regions set to close in April 2021
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITV HD satellite changes
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- ITV1+1 gone from older Sky Digiboxes