A total of nine Terrestrial Digital Television channels in Spain are set to close down by May 6th 2014.
This is a result of a 2012 Supreme Court ruling that cancelled out the concession of additional channels to existing broadcasters on the grounds that the concession was made without a public bid and that new operators were therefore deprived of a chance to join the market.
Channels closing down include:
- La Sexta 3. Movie-based channels with a March audience share of 1.6 percent.
- Xplora. Hardcore Pawn, in its 10th season, is the most popular program.
- Nitro. Channel airs shows such as Law And Order and The A Team.
- La Siete. Specializes in Latin American soaps.
- Nueve. Re-runs of the most successful shows aired on Telecinco and Cuatro.
- Net TV. Teleshopping.
- Veo TV.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Freesat drops a load of music channels