Channel 4 has announced details of which Formula One Grand Prix races it will broadcast live.
Channel 4 recently took over Formula 1’s UK terrestrial television rights from the BBC, who was forced to pull out with immediate effect in a bid to make significant savings.
Its live broadcasts begin with round two in Bahrain, and also include Azerbaijan’s first GP, the British event at Silverstone and the finale in Abu Dhabi.
C4 confirmed former F1 racer David Coulthard had become the first member of its commentary team.
C4 has announced Bahrain, Spain, Europe (Azerbaijan), Britain, Hungary, Belgium, Italy, Malaysia, Mexico and Abu Dhabi as its live broadcasts.
C4 have said that there will be no advertisement breaks during the races.
For the remaining 11 Formula One Grand Prix Channel 4 will show a comprehensive highlights package.
The full presenting and commentary team is to be announced in due course.
Sky has confirmed viewers will be able to enjoy live coverage of F1 feeder series GP2 and GP3 this year also.
The 2016 FIA Formula One World Championship schedule in full:
20 Mar – Australia – Sky
03 Apr – Bahrain – Sky/C4
17 Apr – China – Sky
01 May – Russia – Sky
15 May – Spain – Sky/C4
29 May – Monaco – Sky
12 Jun – Canada – Sky
19 Jun – Azerbaijan – Sky/C4
03 Jul – Austria – Sky
10 Jul – Great Britain- Sky/C4
24 Jul – Hungary – Sky/C4
31 Jul – Germany – Sky
28 Aug – Belgium – Sky/C4
04 Sep – Italy – Sky/C4
18 Sep – Singapore – Sky
02 Oct – Malaysia – Sky/C4
09 Oct – Japan – Sky
23 Oct – USA – Sky
30 Oct – Mexico – Sky/C4
13 Nov – Brazil – Sky
27 Nov – Abu Dhabi – Sky/C4
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- ITV HD satellite changes