EFL Highlights to move from Five to QUEST
The Football League’s struggling Saturday night highlights show will be screened by low-profile channel Quest from next season.
The official announcement will follow when the presenting team are known and the time of the broadcast, crucial to the show’s success, is agreed.
QUEST is available “free to air” on satellite and Freeview
The highlights have been shown at 9pm on Channel Five for the past three seasons, but the programme has never attracted the audiences expected for such a prime-time slot.
The EFL highlights used to be shown in the graveyard slot after Match of the Day by the BBC, but still brought in one million viewers, double the number watching on Channel Five.
The BBC were said to be interested in regaining the rights, but the EFL have preferred to take the bigger offer from wealthy Liberty Group, who oversee Eurosport and the Discovery channels, as well as the relatively unknown Quest.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2021
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV
- CNN no longer on Freesat
- Valencia to Gandia Train Timetables 2018