Today saw the closing of three channels operated by Discovery.
This will affected Sky and Virgin TV customers
‘Home & Health’ has now been removed
from Sky channel 178.
‘Discovery Shed’ has now been removed from Sky channel 192.
‘HomeHealth+1’ has now been removed from Sky channel 278.
Also, three other channels have been removed from the Sky EPG, with a view of them being removed from the UK TV satellites, due to them no longer having a UK broadcaster licence (the channels have an EU base and have a broadcast licence for EU countrioes, and as the UK is no longer in the EU, these EU broadcast licences no longer apply to the UK, with all channels in the UK no needing a UK based and to comply with OFCOM broadcast licence requirements)
“Record TV HD” , “mytv” and “Abu Dhabi TV” .
In a similar vein, a number of UK based TV and radio stations have been removed from Sky Irish customers, due to them no longer having a EU broadcast licence (with Ireland still being in the EU) :
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube Issue Fix
- More ITV1 SD regions set to close in April 2021
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Recommended Internet Speeds for IPTV
- Astra 2A frequencies moved to Astra 2E and 2F – better UK TV reception for many in Spain
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!