BBC win back FA Cup rights in shared deal with BT Sport
The BBC and BT Sport have won a four-year rights deal for coverage of the FA Cup.
From 2014, the most romantic club competition in world football will be back on free-to-air on BBC One and BT Sport, which is free for BT broadband users.
ITV, which has held the rights to FA Cup coverage since 2008, will no longer be involved in broadcasting the tournament.
The BBC has secured a four-year shared rights deal with BT Sport that will see both broadcasters show the FA Cup from the start of the 2014-15 season.
Up to 25 exclusively live FA Cup matches will be shown on BT Sport from 2014 including the final, which will be shared with the BBC. The deal also includes the FA Community Shield and FA Trophy.
Reports are that the BBC will show 14 matches, which may means 2 games for each of rounds 1 to 6, one semi final and the final.”, and the BBC will have first pick of the best matches in each round.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky