BBC win back FA Cup rights in shared deal with BT Sport
The BBC and BT Sport have won a four-year rights deal for coverage of the FA Cup.
From 2014, the most romantic club competition in world football will be back on free-to-air on BBC One and BT Sport, which is free for BT broadband users.
ITV, which has held the rights to FA Cup coverage since 2008, will no longer be involved in broadcasting the tournament.
The BBC has secured a four-year shared rights deal with BT Sport that will see both broadcasters show the FA Cup from the start of the 2014-15 season.
Up to 25 exclusively live FA Cup matches will be shown on BT Sport from 2014 including the final, which will be shared with the BBC. The deal also includes the FA Community Shield and FA Trophy.
Reports are that the BBC will show 14 matches, which may means 2 games for each of rounds 1 to 6, one semi final and the final.”, and the BBC will have first pick of the best matches in each round.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released