BBC2 is marking its 50th anniversary next month with a satirical look at its history through the eyes of Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse, a special episode of the ground-breaking comedy Goodness Gracious Me and a tribute show featuring Ricky Gervais, Michael Palin and The Goodies.
Dara O’Briain is also fronting a quiz with Richard Osman called All About Two, while the channel’s music and sports heritage in shows such as Pot Black and The Old Grey Whistle Test will be celebrated in Pop Goes BBC2 and 50 Years of Sport on BBC2, presented by Sue Barker.
Meanwhile, BBC2’s contribution to new comedy will be covered in Inside the Comedy Vaults, featuring long-unseen or early footage of stars such as Ronnie Barker, Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie.
Harry and Paul’s Story of the Twos features Enfield and Whitehouse’s take on some of the channel’s most well-known shows and faces such as Men Behaving Likely Ladly to Dennis From Heaven in the guise of characters such as Joan Bakewell Tart, Gerald Manley Paxman and John Cleese-Shop-Sketch.
Enfield said: “BBC2 gave me my big solo break with Harry Enfield’s Television Programme almost 25 years ago. They have been loyal to us over decades. We therefore felt it was only right that now we should stab BBC2 in the back.”
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- More Sky HD channels to be removed from cardsharing systems soon…?
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Confusion About Free UK Television in Spain – Freeview – Freesat – Free to air – Free to view
- The difference between a QUAD LNB and QUATTRO LNB
- Live FA Cup Football on Spanish TV for free
- 60ft WWII satelite dishes found in field in Lincolnshire.