BBC2 is marking its 50th anniversary next month with a satirical look at its history through the eyes of Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse, a special episode of the ground-breaking comedy Goodness Gracious Me and a tribute show featuring Ricky Gervais, Michael Palin and The Goodies.
Dara O’Briain is also fronting a quiz with Richard Osman called All About Two, while the channel’s music and sports heritage in shows such as Pot Black and The Old Grey Whistle Test will be celebrated in Pop Goes BBC2 and 50 Years of Sport on BBC2, presented by Sue Barker.
Meanwhile, BBC2’s contribution to new comedy will be covered in Inside the Comedy Vaults, featuring long-unseen or early footage of stars such as Ronnie Barker, Stephen Fry and Hugh Laurie.
Harry and Paul’s Story of the Twos features Enfield and Whitehouse’s take on some of the channel’s most well-known shows and faces such as Men Behaving Likely Ladly to Dennis From Heaven in the guise of characters such as Joan Bakewell Tart, Gerald Manley Paxman and John Cleese-Shop-Sketch.
Enfield said: “BBC2 gave me my big solo break with Harry Enfield’s Television Programme almost 25 years ago. They have been loyal to us over decades. We therefore felt it was only right that now we should stab BBC2 in the back.”
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!