The builder of the Astra-2G UK TV satellite, Airbus Defence & Space, has said that the Astra 2G satellite has successfully completed its first test phase.
Astra 2G has now been officially handed over to SES.
Astra 2G satellite was launched on 27 December 2014 using an International Launch Services rocket from the Baikonur launch complex in Kazakhstan.
Launch and Early Orbit Phase operations have been conducted from the Airbus Defence and Space spacecraft control centre in Toulouse. A series of manoeuvres enabled the satellite to reach geostationary orbit on 2 January, the solar arrays and antenna reflectors have been successfully deployed and the satellite has acquired final Earth pointing. All spacecraft functions are performing as expected.
Astra 2G is based on the highly reliable Eurostar E3000 platform. It carries 62 Ku-band transponders as well as 4 Ka-band transponders. It will provide next generation broadcast and broadband services to the UK and Ireland, Europe and West Africa. It had a launch mass of 6 tonnes, has a wingspan of 40m in orbit, and a spacecraft power of 13kW until the end of its 15-year design lifetime.
The Astra 2G satellite will eventually be placed in the 28.2/28.5 degrees East orbital slot, joining the Astra 2E and Astra 2F satellites for UK satellite TV, for provision of Freesat and Sky satellite TV services to the UK and Europe.
Astra 2G Satellite Information – Reception in Costa Blanca and Spain
Astra 2G Satellite Information – Signal Footprint Reception Maps
Astra 2G Satellite Information – Transponders, Frequencies and Channels
Astra 2G Satellite Information – Images and Pictures
Astra 2G Satellite Specifications and Launch Details
Astra 2G News Updates and Testing Information
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.