Six Nations Rugby will remain available to Freeview and Freesat homes until 2021 following a new deal.
The new deal will see the BBC and ITV sharing coverage from 2016.
The two broadcasters came together to thwart Sky’s bid for the rights, which would have seen the annual tournament going behind a paywall. The BBC wasn’t able to bid high enough to retain exclusive TV rights and joined forces with ITV in a bid that was accepted today by the Six Nations Committee.
Under the terms of the deal, each year ITV will gain live coverage of England, Ireland and Italy home matches and Scotland, Wales and France away matches.
The BBC will show live coverage of Scotland, Wales and France home matches and England, Ireland and Italy away matches.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV 1 Christmas Day TV Schedule
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV
- Sky Sports Mix frequency
- Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube Issue Fix
- Lost Channel 4 in Spain and have a Sky card – try this…
- Changes to Sky Sports from 1st October 2018