Spanish public broadcaster RTVE has reached an agreement to air one La Liga and one Copa del Rey match every week., So there will be some Spanish football available free-to-air (FTA),with the majority of other matches being shown on one of the many pay tv services.
RTVEs deal with La Liga enables RTVE to broadcast two games per week, in “an effort to make football available for the whole audience,” according to the network.
No other Spanish FTA channel was interested in this package of La Liga rights, but RTVE, the first to gain collective rights management and compete with pay-TV operators, has now reached two agreements in one week, enabling it to retain a slice of La Liga action.
A week ago, RTVE announced it has purchased the rights to extensive recaps of every La Liga BBVA and Copa del Rey game from within Spain, meaning other FTA groups will only have access to the very short highlights the football organisation is required to give every network, leading to a complaint from Mediaset.
Telefónica owns the rights to La Liga, and Movistar TV, Vodafone TV and Orange TV will be airing the national competition.
Source : rapidtvnews.com/2015081039395/rtve-keeps-la-liga-free-to-air.html#ixzz3iRywH8KW
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels