A Swedish pirate TV service that was illegally distributing Pay TV content from Scandinavian broadcasters Viasat, Canal Digital has been raided.
The 31-year old operator has had assets worth €6 million seized, the amount that the three pay-TV platforms are expected to claim in damages.
It’s believed the case could have ramifications across the country given that for the past year it’s also been an offence to be a customer of a pirate TV ring, rather than just an operator, as was the case previously.
Separately in Denmark, people who participated in a 70-strong card sharing network have been fined, and been ordered to pay damages to Pay TV operator Canal Digital.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- More ITV channels changing frequencies?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube Issue Fix
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021