Sky Sports to broadcast live 3pm Premier League games
Well In Ireland….
Sky Sports will broadcast live coverage of 3pm Premier League kick-offs on Saturdays from next season exclusively to Irish customers, taking the rights from current broadcaster Setanta Sports
The move is a significant one for Sky as blackout laws in the UK mean that no live football can be shown between 2.45 and 5.15 on Saturday afternoons. However, those laws do not apply to Ireland.
A total of 33 Saturday matches will be covered live by the satellite broadcaster, bringing their to 159 Premier League games in all. Sky will now also broadcast matches live on Friday nights.
A possibility is that a specific Sky Sports Ireland channel will be set up.
Setanta Sports currently show a number of live 3pm kick-offs during the season and RTÉ have done in the past.
The move will see Sky broadcast live coverage of every Premier League club up to 26 times a season and will come as a major coup for the broadcaster after losing a number of rights packages to BT Sports.
From the beginning of next season Sky will now show live games on Friday nights, Saturday afternoons and evenings, Sunday afternoons and Monday nights.
Commenting on the deal, Barney Francis – managing director of Sky Sports – said: “These rights mean that Sky Sports remains the home of sport in Ireland. From the 2016-17 season, our viewers in Ireland will be able to enjoy even more of the best Premier League matches across more days of the week than ever before. By securing rights to live matches on Friday evenings for the first time, Sky Sports will bring Premier League fans an entirely new way to start the weekend.”
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Sky channel changes from 1st September 2021 – goodbye Sky One
- BBC Red Button Streams for Summer 2021
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required
- BBC Olympic Channel Numbers announced for Sky and Freesat
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube Issue Fix