Sky to ‘set your TV free’ with SkyQ
Sky will launch a new device on November 18th, it has confirmed, though very little detail on the new device has been released.
Instead, it’s put out a teaser trailer to build hype, with the promise that the mystery device will “set your TV free”. The forthcoming device called SkyQ, is said to be Sky’s 4K set-top box.
Over the summer, BT introduced its own 4K sports channel, so Sky won’t want to be seen to be lagging behind.
The device is also said to have a more visual user interface. According to sources speaking to the Telegraph over the summer, Sky is going for an “Apple and Netflix-style experience”, rather than its current, text-heavy menu. It will also reportedly let you record and watch “at least” four programmes at the same times.
Users also reportedly be able to watch and record on your mobile, laptop, tablet or desktop, which is likely what’s referred to by the “set your TV free” tagline. Though exactly how this will differ from Sky Go remains to be seen.
Like YouView, SkyQ is said to blur the line between live broadcast TV, recorded content and on-demand offerings.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- More ITV SD channel frequency changes today
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West