Channel 5 HD, Channel 5’s high definition channel, has today moved from the European beam to the UK beam.
The move has been made from a Sky operated transponder, to a transponder controlled by Channel 5.
It joins the rest of the Channel Five group of channels, including 5STAR and Spike
Channel Fives new frequency is :
Symbol Rate 22000
Sky digibox es automatically update to the new frequencies.
However, the move from the European beam to the UK beam may mean loss of Channel Five HD to some areas of Southern Spain, and Portugal.
It is thought that the move to a UK beam may be in anticipation of Channel 5 HD becoming free to air, and available on Freesat. This is more so as in the last few days Ofcom have granted a license for Channel 5 HD on Freeview.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels