Channel 5 HD, Channel 5’s high definition channel, has today moved from the European beam to the UK beam.
The move has been made from a Sky operated transponder, to a transponder controlled by Channel 5.
It joins the rest of the Channel Five group of channels, including 5STAR and Spike
Channel Fives new frequency is :
Symbol Rate 22000
Sky digibox es automatically update to the new frequencies.
However, the move from the European beam to the UK beam may mean loss of Channel Five HD to some areas of Southern Spain, and Portugal.
It is thought that the move to a UK beam may be in anticipation of Channel 5 HD becoming free to air, and available on Freesat. This is more so as in the last few days Ofcom have granted a license for Channel 5 HD on Freeview.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- More ITV1 SD regions set to close in April 2021
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- ITV HD satellite changes
- Power Cuts? No Satellite Signal on your Sky HD box? Here is how to reset a Sky digibox with an alternative default transponder frequency setting.
- Recommended Internet Speeds for IPTV