ITV has started testing more ITV HD regions on satellite, which are expected to be made available to viewers later in the year.
Test streams of ITV HD Yorkshire and ITV HD Tyne Tees in HD are now broadcasting, bringing the current total of ITV regions testing in HD on satellite to three, following the earlier addition of ITV HD Anglia.
Viewers in the affected regions will soon be able to receive their regional news programming on ITV HD.
At the moment, England is served by one of four ITV HD regions, Central (West Midlands), Granada, London and Meridian (South East), meaning viewers outside of these areas are allocated one of these regions in HD instead of their own region.
ITV HD Wales is available in Wales, while in Scotland, viewers in the Borders currently receive ITV Granada in HD, elsewhere the Glasgow version of the STV Central region is carried on Sky, Freesat and Freeview. In Northern Ireland, UTV HD is available.
The ITV HD Yorkshire stream is a simulcast of the channel serving the west of the Yorkshire TV region, broadcast terrestrially from the Emley Moor transmitter.
ITV HD Anglia’s test is a simulcast of the Anglia East sub-region, serving most of Norfolk, Suffolk and parts of Essex.
Recently, ITV has been preparing for the arrival of more HD in the regions with new infrastructure and equipment to cater for HD broadcasts.
ITV Central, an existing HD region, went live with regional news in HD toward the end of last year.
ITV has not yet announced when the new ITV HD regions will officially become available to viewers on Sky, Freesat and Freeview.
The new ITV HD channels can be found on:
Astra 2 at 28.2° East
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels