The European Commission has unveiled its new audiovisual directive, updating the rules to create a fairer environment for all players.
This means that “On demand” only services such as Netflix and Amazon Prime Video will be required to play by the same rules as linear channels, the European Commission has confirmed.
The new Directive, AVMS, has also changed the advertising rules, which may mean longer ad breaks at peak times. The overall limit of 20% of broadcasting time is maintained between 07.00 and 23.00, but instead of the current 12 minutes per hour, broadcasters can choose more freely when to show ads throughout the day.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2021
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV
- CNN no longer on Freesat
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required