BBC and ITV are joining forces for new streaming service they are calling BritBox.
However, BritBox will only initially be available to people living in the USA.
The two British broadcasters have joined together for a “best of British” on-demand service called BritBox that will enable viewers to (legally) stream all their favourite terrestrial shows.
These include Tutankhamun, Cold Feet and Silent Witness, as well as soaps such as EastEnders and Emmerdale.
“Britain produces some of the best television in the world and we’re delighted to be bringing the creative might of the BBC and ITV together for the first time in this exciting new streaming service for US fans,” said Simon Pitts, managing director of online, pay TV and interactive at ITV.
“BritBox will be the best and most comprehensive British streaming service in the US; a rich catalogue of classic, new, and exclusive shows easily accessible to US viewers all in one place.”
BritBox will not replace either the BBC iPlayer or ITV Player services in the UK. Instead, it will offer a subscription service primarily for “box set” content of shows that have moved out of the 30-day catchup window of iPlayer and ITV Player.
Last July, the BBC scrapped the global version of its iPlayer service, which charged users subscription fees to watch programmes via an app in western Europe, Australia and Canada.
Who knows, that if a success in the US, then perhaps we shall see a Britbox TV service in Spain…
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- More ITV SD channel frequency changes today
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky