Mandatory “Log In” for All4 content
Channel 4 has introduced mandatory sign-in to access content through All4 on Freeview Play and Freesat.
A spokesperson for Channel 4 told Broadband TV News the move was part of its drive to extend a successful targeted advertising strategy on mobile to the big screen on shared devices via set tops.
Viewers will be presented with a prompt to sign-in when accessing a programme either through the All4 player directly or via the scroll-back TV guide.
Last year, sign in was introduced on Samsung devices and it’s planned to introduce sign in for Roku, Youview, Xbox and PS4 in the future.
A similar system runs on mobile devices with a sign-in increasing the amount of content that can be viewed.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Sky Arts to be available for free on Freeview and Freesat and Sky boxes soon.
- Three new ITV HD regions testing on satellite, reception may cause problems for Spain
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Recommended Internet Speeds for IPTV
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies