Mandatory “Log In” for All4 content
Channel 4 has introduced mandatory sign-in to access content through All4 on Freeview Play and Freesat.
A spokesperson for Channel 4 told Broadband TV News the move was part of its drive to extend a successful targeted advertising strategy on mobile to the big screen on shared devices via set tops.
Viewers will be presented with a prompt to sign-in when accessing a programme either through the All4 player directly or via the scroll-back TV guide.
Last year, sign in was introduced on Samsung devices and it’s planned to introduce sign in for Roku, Youview, Xbox and PS4 in the future.
A similar system runs on mobile devices with a sign-in increasing the amount of content that can be viewed.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2021
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV
- CNN no longer on Freesat
- Valencia to Gandia Train Timetables 2018