Mandatory “Log In” for All4 content
Channel 4 has introduced mandatory sign-in to access content through All4 on Freeview Play and Freesat.
A spokesperson for Channel 4 told Broadband TV News the move was part of its drive to extend a successful targeted advertising strategy on mobile to the big screen on shared devices via set tops.
Viewers will be presented with a prompt to sign-in when accessing a programme either through the All4 player directly or via the scroll-back TV guide.
Last year, sign in was introduced on Samsung devices and it’s planned to introduce sign in for Roku, Youview, Xbox and PS4 in the future.
A similar system runs on mobile devices with a sign-in increasing the amount of content that can be viewed.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Travel Channel removed from Sky EPG
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Is Virgin Media “cardsharing” about to end, and will it impact your IPTV?
- Sky to close three SD movie channels in move to go HD only distribution
- Disney channels set to leave Sky and Virgin soon
- Losing signals on some UK TV Satellite channels?
- Sky Cinema announces new channel available to all customers
- Freesat drops a load of music channels