BBC on-demand service launches in Malaysia
The BBC’s commercial arm, BBC Wordwide, is set to launch a version of BBC Player in Malaysia, exclusively to subscribers of Telekom Malaysia Berhad’s (TM) IPTV service, HyppTV.
This follows the launch of the BBC iPLayer service in Singapore last year.
Hypp TV viewers will be able to watch the very best of BBC content anytime anywhere, via an app on their smartphones and tablets. Content will be available from BBC Worldwide’s global brands, BBC First, BBC Brit, BBC Earth, BBC Lifestyle, CBeebies, and BBC World News.
Subscribers will have exclusive access to the latest series of Top Gear shortly after it has been shown in the UK, and be able to watch the new series of Doctor Who on the service. Other shows available on the BBC Player include Planet Earth II, The Great British Bake Off and The Graham Norton Show.
Paul Dempsey, President, Global Markets, BBC Worldwide said,
‘To launch BBC Player in Malaysia so soon after its successful introduction to Singapore is testament to both the very high quality of this product and the digital demand for our programming. This latest launch clearly signals the potential for Player to offer something new to our partners and audiences in further markets.’
BBC Player is available as an app from Apple’s App store app store and Android’s Google Play store for users in either Malaysia or Singapore.
The BBC plans to strike up further partnerships to make more of its content available on-demand in other countries. In the USA, the BBC has teamed up with ITV to launch BritBox, through which it now provides on-demand content to subscribers in the United States. There are plans to make BritBox available in more countries.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- UK TV Problems in the UK in 2021
- Is Channel 4 HD returning to Freesat soon?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- HBO cracks down on viewers using VPNs to watch outside the US
- 4k Freesat Boxes get large update
- Sky confirms Spanish OTT plans for end of 2017
- Biss Key on Intelsat 907 at 27.5°West for the “Satback” service
- Andalucía TV – no longer available on satellite