BBC announces 200+ hours of Commonwealth Games coverage
The BBC has revealed details of its 2018 Commonwealth Games coverage, taking place in April, live from Australia’s Gold Coast.
The Games start on Wednesday 4th April and runs until Sunday 15th April (Australian time).
BBC Sport stalwarts Clare Balding, Gabby Logan and Jason Mohammad from BBC Sport HQ in Salford with Hazel Irvine and JJ Chalmers live in Queensland. Steve Parry and Allison Curbishley will be leading BBC Radio 5 Live coverage.
In total, there will be 200 hours of coverage across BBC One, BBC Two, BBC Red Button, BBC Sport website, iPlayer and radio.
This is less than four years ago, when Glasgow hosted the Commonwealth Games.
There is also not the same range of extra Red Button channels as last time.
Viewers will be able to watch live and recorded coverage between midnight until 8pm across BBC One and BBC Two for the 11-day duration of the Commonwealth Games, featuring a regular evening highlights show at 6.30pm on BBC Two. BBC Four will then show a further hour of Games action from 8pm.
The BBC Red Button service will provide viewers a 24/7 schedule of live and catch-up programming throughout the Games.
Barbara Slater, Director of BBC Sport, says:
“The Commonwealth Games are a hugely popular sporting event for people across the UK. Our unrivalled cross-platform offer will transport audiences to the Gold Coast and put them at the heart of the action to follow their sporting heroes throughout 11 days of top class competition.”
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required