French Open Tennis to remain free and on ITV for next three years
The French Open will continue to be shown free-to-air on UK television, after current rights holder ITV extended its rights deal to live tennis from Roland Garros in a new three year deal running until 2021.
ITV4 will continue to broadcast coverage each year, with a guaranteed minimum of 90 hours devoted to each tournament.
Niall Sloane, ITV Director of Sport, said:
“Bringing viewers free to air coverage of one of the real delights of the sporting calendar at Roland Garros in recent years has been a privilege, so we’re hugely pleased to announce this new deal to keep the tournament with ITV. France Federation Tennis have been absolutely brilliant as partners and we look forward to continuing working with them over the coming years.”
Eurosport remains the pay TV rights holder for this period; with coverage on Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 Eurosport Player, and this year including a UHD option on Sky and Virgin Media.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Satellite TV Solar Outage Time Again – October 2020
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Channels available on Freesat TV
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Food Network & Travel Channel: new satellite frequencies
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- Sky Arts to be available for free on Freeview and Freesat and Sky boxes soon.
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West