French Open Tennis to remain free and on ITV for next three years
The French Open will continue to be shown free-to-air on UK television, after current rights holder ITV extended its rights deal to live tennis from Roland Garros in a new three year deal running until 2021.
ITV4 will continue to broadcast coverage each year, with a guaranteed minimum of 90 hours devoted to each tournament.
Niall Sloane, ITV Director of Sport, said:
“Bringing viewers free to air coverage of one of the real delights of the sporting calendar at Roland Garros in recent years has been a privilege, so we’re hugely pleased to announce this new deal to keep the tournament with ITV. France Federation Tennis have been absolutely brilliant as partners and we look forward to continuing working with them over the coming years.”
Eurosport remains the pay TV rights holder for this period; with coverage on Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 Eurosport Player, and this year including a UHD option on Sky and Virgin Media.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- BBC Red Button Streams for Summer 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- BBC Olympic Channel Numbers announced for Sky and Freesat
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Red Button Olympic Frequencies
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- Power Cuts? No Satellite Signal on your Sky HD box? Here is how to reset a Sky digibox with an alternative default transponder frequency setting.