French Open Tennis to remain free and on ITV for next three years
The French Open will continue to be shown free-to-air on UK television, after current rights holder ITV extended its rights deal to live tennis from Roland Garros in a new three year deal running until 2021.
ITV4 will continue to broadcast coverage each year, with a guaranteed minimum of 90 hours devoted to each tournament.
Niall Sloane, ITV Director of Sport, said:
“Bringing viewers free to air coverage of one of the real delights of the sporting calendar at Roland Garros in recent years has been a privilege, so we’re hugely pleased to announce this new deal to keep the tournament with ITV. France Federation Tennis have been absolutely brilliant as partners and we look forward to continuing working with them over the coming years.”
Eurosport remains the pay TV rights holder for this period; with coverage on Eurosport 1 and Eurosport 2 Eurosport Player, and this year including a UHD option on Sky and Virgin Media.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Sky Sports Mix frequency
- UK Police crackdown on pirated goods (Android TV boxes) on offer on Facebook
- No more Sky Software Updates for Pace TDS850NB, Samsung HDSKY & Amstrad DRX780 Sky+HD digiboxes
- cricfree.tv internet streaming site “suspended” by Police
- Changes to Sky Sports from 1st October 2018
- Travel Channel and DMAX changes on UK satellite
- Freesports to launch in HD on Sky soon