beIN Sports MENA extends Premier League contract
beIN Sports has extended its contract with the Premier League for another three years.
The agreement means the Doha-based network will hold exclusive rights to all matches in the English league in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) for the three seasons between 2019 and 2022. Premier League fans in Mena will be able to watch all 380 games per season exclusively live on beIN, in addition to having access to comprehensive magazine programming, including pre- and post-match shows, as well as daily highlights and weekly wrap-up programmes. The agreement also covers OTT service beIN Connect, through which subscribers will be able to live stream matches, across web, tablet and mobile devices.
The agreement was signed in London on Thursday by Richard Scudamore, Executive Chairman of the Premier League, and Nasser Al-Khelaifi, Chairman and CEO of beIN Media Group.
beIN has one more season to run in its present contract with the new Premier League season getting underway on Friday evening.
“beIN is a long-term partner of the League and its first-rate coverage has helped to grow interest in our clubs across many countries. We look forward to continuing to work with them to make the best Premier League action available to fans in the region for the next four seasons,” said Richard Scudamore, executive chairman of the Premier League.
“We are honoured that the Premier League has trusted beIN Media Group and beIN Sport again to be the official and exclusive broadcaster, champion and custodian of its product in the Middle East and North Africa,” added Nasser Al-Khelaifi, Chairman and CEO of beIN Media Group.
The Premier League will remain in beIN’s broad football portfolio, which includes rights to Spain’s LaLiga, the German Bundesliga, French Ligue 1 and Italy’s Serie A.
In addition, beIN also holds rights to all major international club and country competitions – including the Uefa Champions League and Europa League; all major competitions staged by the Confederation of African Football, Asian Football Confederation and Confederation of North, Central American and Caribbean Association Football, together with the Fifa World Cup and Uefa European Championships.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- Popular streaming app Mobdro not working and closed down?
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies