Eleven Sports lose more football rights
Sports streaming service Eleven Sports will cease broadcasting Serie A and Eredivisie football from the end of February.
It follows the termination of an agreement with rights manager IMG and Eleven Sports, which will see both leagues move to Premier Sports.
During a transitional period in February, both Eleven Sports and Premier Sports will broadcast live coverage of Serie A and Eredivisie.
Premier Sports will take Serie A and Eredivisie exclusively from 1st March.
Premier Sports have also said that they will also show “a number of games live on sister free-to-air channel FreeSports”.
Eleven Sorts Chinese Super League rights will also transfer to Premier Sports.
However, Eleven Sports will continue with exclusive coverage of La Liga until at least the end of the season.
Subscribers to Eleven Sports’ existing streaming service will be offered a special promotion to sign up with Premier Sports, which offers its own online player as well as being available via Sky and Virgin Media platforms along with some games shown on the free-to-air channel FreeSports.
From 1st March 2019, Eleven Sport’s monthly subscription will be cut to £4.99 a month to reflect the reduction in live sport. The company says it will be in touch with each subscriber with more information.
This move was not unexpected, as Eleven Sports also gave up on UFC rights late last year, due to not being able to fulfill the requirements of the contract, namely carriage on Sky or Virgin.
Eleven Sports statement on the situation is below:
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- BBC Red Button Streams for Summer 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- BBC Olympic Channel Numbers announced for Sky and Freesat
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Red Button Olympic Frequencies
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Power Cuts? No Satellite Signal on your Sky HD box? Here is how to reset a Sky digibox with an alternative default transponder frequency setting.
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box