Sky will show 25 of their allocation of 69 matches on its Pick TV channel.
Pick TV is their “free to air” channel, available on Sky and Freesat receivers. And for the football, they have launched Pick in HD.
However, rights issues means a few changes.
Sky HD box users will be allocated Pick HD on channel 159
Sky HD box users will be allocated Pick SD on channel 895
Freesat HD users will be allocated Pick HD on channel
Freesat users will be allocated Pick SD on channel 144
The Pick HD channel is on the UK beam of the UK TV satellites, and the frequency Pick HD is on is a very weak signal, so weak that even some 1.8m satellite dishes can have difficulty in receiving it.
Sky HD box users, with a Sky card (either “free to view” or subscription), can go to Pick SD on Sky channel 895. As this version of the channel will be encrypted, it is remaining on the “easy to receive in Spain” European beam
Freesat users are not going to be so lucky if they cannot receive the Pick HD channel.
The SD version of Pick that Freesat will be allocated, on Freesat channel 144, will NOT be showing the football. This is due to the channel being “free to air”, and being on the “easy to receive in Spain” European beam. And rights issues prevent Sky from transmitting the EPL on this beam free to air.
So to summarise:
There are thee versions of Pick TV
HD FTA – on a UK beam and “tricky” to receive in Spain – showing the football – Freesat and Sky
SD FTV – requires a Sky box and Sky card (“free to view” or subscription) – showing the football – Sky
SD FTA – free, no card required, – not showing the football – Freesat and Sky
Channel 144 (SD, no football)
Channel 145 (+1, no football)
Channel 147 (HD, with football)
Channel 159 (HD/SD, with football – SD requires a Sky box and Sky card (“free to view” or subscription)
Channel 259 (+1, no football)
Channel 895 (SD/HD, with football – requires a Sky box and Sky card (“free to view” or subscription)
(I know there are also Irish versions of Pick, but these are also not showing the football)
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- Popular streaming app Mobdro not working and closed down?
- BeIN Sports – Cards and Receiver changes