The Amstrad DRX595 is the Sky box that replaces the now discountinued standard digiboxes.
The new Amstrad DRX595 Sky digibox allows users to view both high definition and and standard definition. However, unlike the other Sky HD+ digiboxes, the DRX895 does not have an internal hard drive for Sky+ recording.
The Amstrad DRX595 Sky receiver is styled in the current “sleek black” colour.
The Amstrad DRX595 Sky receiver is smaller measuring 273mm Wide and 52mm High.
Being a HD receiver, the Amstrad DRX595 Sky receiver has a HDMI output so you can watch both standard and high definition channels. It also has the ability to use 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound.
Amstrad DRX595 Sky receiver also has one scart cable, an optical output, LNB input, USB, 10 pin mini DIN and Ethernet port.
If you wish to use a Skylink with the Amstrad DRX595 Sky receiver, then you will need to buyt a moulator, as the Amstrad DRX595 Sky receiver does not have an aerial input or output.
To conform to EU legislation this Sky+HD Digibox comes with the new Sky ‘off’ mode. This allows you to switch off the Sky+HD box and meet the maximum 1watt power usage regulations. This option is selected by pressing and holding the power button for 5 seconds until the digibox displays the red ‘off’ light. In this ‘off’ mode the digibox will NOT record any scheduled recordings, download Sky Anytime content or support TV Link. The standard ‘standby’ mode as well by just pressing the power button once, the digibox with go into sleep mode and display an amber light instead.
Sky DRX595 Sky HD Digibox Main Features
– Suitable for watching both SD and HD channels
– Upscale all SD content with the use of HDMI
– Single tuner, requires just one satellite dish cable
– High quality build and reliability
– Modified version of latest HD EPG, including mini-TV mode
– 5.1 Dolby Surround Sound via HDMI, a Sky first
– Sleek, modern design and high gloss black finish which can be stored vertically or horizontally
Sky DRX595 Sky HD Digibox Specification
– Latest design Sky DRX595
– 1 x HDMI
– 1 x SCART (TV, VCR)
– 1 x Optical Output (SPDIF)
– 1 x LNB Input
– 1 x USB
– 1 x RJ45 Ethernet Port
– 1 x Telephone Port
– 1 x 10 pin mini DIN
– Dimensions (Width x Depth x Height): 273 x 204 x 52 mm
– Weight: 2kg approx.
Sky DRX595 Sky HD Digibox Contents:
– Sky DRX595 Sky HD Digibox
– HDMI Cable (for high-definition channels, you must use HDMI)
– UK Power Cable
– Sky Remote Control (inc batteries)
– User Guide / Instructions
Stocks of the Amstrad DRX595 Sky receiver as limited, even in the UK. It was only launched in March 2011, and is primarily being used for Sky Multiroom customers in the UK.