Over the next few weeks, some UK TV channels will be moving frequencies (and satellites).
These changes should be unnoticed for Sky and Freesat users, but some users with “generic” free to air receivers may have to perform a rescan should they lose a channel.
These changes are nothing to do with the new UK TV satellite Astra 2E ( http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/astra_2e_satellite_reception_testing_news_updates.php ).
Basically UK TV come from satellites operated by two companies, SES Astra and Eutelsat.
Recently, some frequencies currently used by Eutelsat, have been allocated to SES Astra. This means that the channels on those frequencies will be affected.
Some channels may simply move to new Eutelsat frequencies.
Other channels may move frequencies and satellites, from Eutelsat to Astra.
One such case is RT- UK SD (Russia Today) – http://www.satandpcguy.com/blog/2013/09/rt-sd-russia-today-satellite-frequency-changes-coming-soon/.
It looks like many changes will be happening, on both Astra and Eutelsat satellites, as channels on existing frequencies are shuffled around to accommodate these changes – which is probably the reason for this spate of channel frequency changes ( http://www.satandpcguy.com/forum/showthread.php?91374-Important-Sky-TV-and-Freesat-TV-Channel-Frequency-changes-and-updates&p=122133&viewfull=1#post122133 )
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Loss of BBC ITV in Spain and Portugal – beware of a “magic” solution from another satellite!
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- How to set up a Freesat Humax HDR 1100S with Freetime
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released