Over the next few weeks, some UK TV channels will be moving frequencies (and satellites).
These changes should be unnoticed for Sky and Freesat users, but some users with “generic” free to air receivers may have to perform a rescan should they lose a channel.
These changes are nothing to do with the new UK TV satellite Astra 2E ( http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/astra_2e_satellite_reception_testing_news_updates.php ).
Basically UK TV come from satellites operated by two companies, SES Astra and Eutelsat.
Recently, some frequencies currently used by Eutelsat, have been allocated to SES Astra. This means that the channels on those frequencies will be affected.
Some channels may simply move to new Eutelsat frequencies.
Other channels may move frequencies and satellites, from Eutelsat to Astra.
One such case is RT- UK SD (Russia Today) – http://www.satandpcguy.com/blog/2013/09/rt-sd-russia-today-satellite-frequency-changes-coming-soon/.
It looks like many changes will be happening, on both Astra and Eutelsat satellites, as channels on existing frequencies are shuffled around to accommodate these changes – which is probably the reason for this spate of channel frequency changes ( http://www.satandpcguy.com/forum/showthread.php?91374-Important-Sky-TV-and-Freesat-TV-Channel-Frequency-changes-and-updates&p=122133&viewfull=1#post122133 )
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- BBC Red Button Streams for Summer 2021
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Red Button Olympic Frequencies
- BBC Olympic Channel Numbers announced for Sky and Freesat
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Biss Key on Intelsat 907 at 27.5°West for the “Satback” service
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021