Over the next few weeks, some UK TV channels will be moving frequencies (and satellites).
These changes should be unnoticed for Sky and Freesat users, but some users with “generic” free to air receivers may have to perform a rescan should they lose a channel.
These changes are nothing to do with the new UK TV satellite Astra 2E ( http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/astra_2e_satellite_reception_testing_news_updates.php ).
Basically UK TV come from satellites operated by two companies, SES Astra and Eutelsat.
Recently, some frequencies currently used by Eutelsat, have been allocated to SES Astra. This means that the channels on those frequencies will be affected.
Some channels may simply move to new Eutelsat frequencies.
Other channels may move frequencies and satellites, from Eutelsat to Astra.
One such case is RT- UK SD (Russia Today) – http://www.satandpcguy.com/blog/2013/09/rt-sd-russia-today-satellite-frequency-changes-coming-soon/.
It looks like many changes will be happening, on both Astra and Eutelsat satellites, as channels on existing frequencies are shuffled around to accommodate these changes – which is probably the reason for this spate of channel frequency changes ( http://www.satandpcguy.com/forum/showthread.php?91374-Important-Sky-TV-and-Freesat-TV-Channel-Frequency-changes-and-updates&p=122133&viewfull=1#post122133 )
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!