BeIN Sports (MENA) to show all EPL 3pm kickoff from this weekend!
The English Premier League and beIN SPORTS has announced today the reinstatements of LIVE broadcast for Saturday “18:00 Mecca time” games in the Middle East & North Africa effective Nov. 8th.
beIN SPORTS, the Exclusive TV Rights holder of English Premier League (EPL) in the MENA region, has restricted the LIVE broadcasting of Saturday “18:00 Mecca time” games since Nov. 2013 due to piracy concerns in UK.
Commenting on the announcement, Mr. Nasser Al-Khelaifi, Chairman-CEO, said: “We are delighted to resume LIVE broadcast of all Saturday “18:00 Mecca time” games on beIN SPORTS channels. The English Premier League is a primary property and we are very happy to bring back this weekend excitement to our millions of subscribers in the region.”
English Premier League CEO, Richard Scudamore added: “beIN SPORTS strong Anti-piracy measures have proved to be successful and we are very happy to work hand in hand with broadcasters to address the issue on a more global scale.”
BeIN Sport have the rights to show all 380 Premier League games live.
But last season, the Premier League were concerned over piracy, they limited BeIN Sports to just one 3pm Saturday kick off.
To over come this, BeIN SPorts “went secure” – meaning their viewing cards could only be used in their official receiver.
This, it was hoped would mean that all 3pm kick offs would return.
The Bein Website was updated to say that they would be showing all 380 games live.
And even Richard Keys said on his twitter page in July that they would show all games live.
BeIN Sports Receivers, Viewing cards, and installations :
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- More ITV channels changing frequencies?
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube Issue Fix
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit