The BBC have lost the live rights to the Open Championship.
Reports today say that Sky Sports will pay more than £10million a year to snatch exclusive live rights for Open Championship golf.
This ends the BBC’s 59-year ownership of the rights after the next tournament at St Andrews in July.
However the BBC are likely to keep a highlights deal but that is a consolation prize.
The BBC had been warned during the last two Open rights renewals about the need to improve their coverage.
Reports suggest that the BBC we expecting to lose The Open rights to Sky, having prioritised saving Match of the Day by paying £204m for Premier League highlights. Premier League highlights were seen as better value for licence-fee payers than golf’s flagship event. See http://www.satandpcguy.com/blog/2015/01/bbc-keep-match-day-premier-league-highlights/
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Confirmation of the latest ITV changes on satellite
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- Confirmed : More ITV channels changing frequencies
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- More ITV SD channel frequency changes today
- Intelsat 901 has taken over Intelsat 907 operations at 27.5 West