BBC Olympic coverage blocked on Filmon streaming website
Filmon, the internet TV streaming service, is blocking access to BBC channels coverage of the 2016 Rio Olympics.
The Olympic Committee will have requested (maybe via a legal injunction), that Filmon block channels on their streaming service showing Olympic coverage.
This is due to the fact that Filmon do not have the broadcast rights to stream the Olympics.
And that some broadcasters around the world will have paid lots of money for the broadcast rights, who will show the Olympics on Pay TV services.
A statement from filmon about the blocking of channels showing Olympic Games says :
Unfortunately, due to a copyright conflict with other IOC-licensed broadcasters we’re unable to show any competitions of the Olympic Summer Games 2016 on FilmOn. The respective channels will be unavailable to viewers for the duration of the matches
This issue has been the same for other large sporting events like the recent Euro 2016 football competition, and the 2015 Football World Cup.
Olympic coverage for the Uk will be on BBC TV channels – available in many areas of Spain via satellite via Sky and Freesat.
Olympic coverage on Spanish TV will be available via RTVE channels.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies
- GB News channel set to launch soon on Freeview, Freesat and Sky
- Solar Storm alert with possible disruption to satellite signals
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- Humax Freesat HDR 1100S Youtube Issue Fix