Is Sky Sports about to change it channel structure?
Reports today suggest Sky are to revamp their Sky Sports channels this summer.
The revamp will see cricket, Formula One and golf getting dedicated channels. Football is still seen as the big seller and will have two channels, one for the Premier League and one for the rest.
But rugby union, despite Sky televising the Lions and England’s autumn internationals, is going to be bundled with other sports in a Sports “variety” package.
The new Sky Sports channel format will allow a cheaper entry price for one package of £18 a month but viewers will pay significantly more if they want to purchase the whole of the Sky Sports output.
This could be a response to try and stop subscribers moving to other “platforms” like Kodi or IPTV, and that it appears as if Sky pay channels like Sky Sports may soon be not be available on pirate cardshare systems in the very near future.
Also, expect At The Races to go HD and then be rebranded as Sky Sports Racing.
But will this mean the end of the Sky Sports Mix channel, currently available to “non Sky Sports” subscribers?
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- BBC Red Button Streams for Summer 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Olympic Channel Numbers announced for Sky and Freesat
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- BBC Red Button Olympic Frequencies
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Biss Key on Intelsat 907 at 27.5°West for the “Satback” service