Is Sky Sports about to change it channel structure?
Reports today suggest Sky are to revamp their Sky Sports channels this summer.
The revamp will see cricket, Formula One and golf getting dedicated channels. Football is still seen as the big seller and will have two channels, one for the Premier League and one for the rest.
But rugby union, despite Sky televising the Lions and England’s autumn internationals, is going to be bundled with other sports in a Sports “variety” package.
The new Sky Sports channel format will allow a cheaper entry price for one package of £18 a month but viewers will pay significantly more if they want to purchase the whole of the Sky Sports output.
This could be a response to try and stop subscribers moving to other “platforms” like Kodi or IPTV, and that it appears as if Sky pay channels like Sky Sports may soon be not be available on pirate cardshare systems in the very near future.
Also, expect At The Races to go HD and then be rebranded as Sky Sports Racing.
But will this mean the end of the Sky Sports Mix channel, currently available to “non Sky Sports” subscribers?
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels