Ongoing free-to-air UK TV coverage of the world’s most prestigious cycle race has been secured by ITV.
The Tour de France will be shown by ITV until 2023 in a new rights deal announced to coincide with coverage of this year’s event on ITV4. The new deal covers live coverage and highlights.
ITV took over highlights of Le Tour in 2002, moving them to digital channel ITV4 in 2006. Since 2010, ITV has had the rights to show live coverage on free-to-air television, although full coverage in HD requires a pay TV subscription covering ITV4 HD.
As well as live coverage and highlights programmes of the Tour, under the deal ITV also has rights to show highlights of the Criterium Dauphine and Paris Nice over the same term.
The previous rights deal expires in 2019, a deal that saw both ITV4 and Eurosport 1 show Le Tour on a non-exclusive live rights basis in the UK. Last month, Discovery’s Eurosport channel announced an upgraded coverage deal covering the 2017-19 events.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Sky Arts to be available for free on Freeview and Freesat and Sky boxes soon.
- Three new ITV HD regions testing on satellite, reception may cause problems for Spain
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Recommended Internet Speeds for IPTV
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- ITV3 HD and ITV4 HD services changing frequencies