Freesat adds premium entertainment and sports
Freesat users will now be able to optionally add access to a number of premium channels following the announcement of a tie-up with TVPlayer.
TVPlayer’s Plus service, available via the Freesat on-demand section, will give viewers the opportunity to access channels including MTV, Comedy Central, Lifetime, Nat Geo, Nickelodeon, Discovery and Eurosport for £5.99 a month or £59.99 per annum. Currently, a special two month free trial is available to new customers. Both live and on-demand/catch-up content is available.
The addition of Eurosport will provide Freesat users optional access to a premium sports channel for the first time, with full access to future Olympic coverage.
The development will be of particular interest to households mostly happy with free TV channels, but who would like the option to add the likes of Eurosport or Discovery for content not found on free-to-air channels. Freesat users already have the option to add access to premium apps including Netflix and Curzon Home Cinema. The channels are streamed via the internet to connected second generation Freesat boxes.
Announcing the launch of TVPlayer Plus, Freesat said the move reflected its “commitment to bring the very best in content, choice and value to the more than two million Freesat homes across the UK.”
TVPlayer Plus joins Freesat’s already extensive catch up and app line up such as BBC iPlayer, ITV Hub, Rakuten TV and the recently added Ketchup TV.
Obviously, Freesat users in Spain who wish to use this additional premium content will need a VPN or Smart DNS service, since the service is only available to UK IP addresses.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- BBC Red Button Streams for Summer 2021
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- BBC Olympic Channel Numbers announced for Sky and Freesat
- Freesat 4K Box software update June 2021
- BBC Red Button Olympic Frequencies
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Power Cuts? No Satellite Signal on your Sky HD box? Here is how to reset a Sky digibox with an alternative default transponder frequency setting.