Discovery channels move to UK beam, changing reception in some areas of Spain
The Discovery group of channels, has changed frequencies.
And satellite beams
The channesl used to be on the EUropean beam, meaning nice and easy recpetion across Spain
But yesterday, the channels changed frequencies, and changed to the UK beam.
This UK beam, is the same beam that carries channel like BBC and ITV.
This means that some areas of southern Spain, like the Costa del Sol, and Barcelona area, may find they can no longer access these channels on their current satellite dish. You will now need a larger satellite dish to receive these channels.
For other areas of Spain, like the Valencia and Costa Blanca area, you should find that reception has not changed much, and the channels should still be received on the various 110×120 and 125x135cm satellite dishes that we install.
The Discovery channels new frequency is:
The channels affected by this move area :
Discovery Channel UK
Animal Planet Europe
Discovery Channel UK +1
Discovery Science UK
Discovery Home & Health UK
Discovery Turbo UK
Discovery Channel Ireland
Quest Red +1
Investigation Discovery Ireland
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- Some Discovery channels closed on Sky from today
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- CNN HD change of frequency on the Astra 2 UK TV satellites.
- Kids Channel Number changes on Sky today
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- BeIN Sports (Mena) receiver update required