Is Disney about to buy into Sky TV?
Disney and Twenty-First Century Fox are closing in on a deal, and it could come as soon as next week, according to sources familiar with the matter.
CNBC has been reporting that Disney has held talks with the Rupert Murdoch-controlled media company to acquire its studio and television production assets, leaving Fox with its news and sports assets. Fox is also talking with CNBC parent company Comcast, but the talks with Disney have progressed more significantly.
The deal contemplates the sale of Fox’s Nat Geo, Star, regional sports networks, movie studios and stakes in Sky and Hulu, among other properties. What would remain at Fox includes its news and business news divisions, broadcast network and Fox sports.
The enterprise value of the Fox assets in the Disney deal is seen as above $60 billion, according to sources. Current Fox shareholders would get one share of the Fox company that remains after the movie and television assets are sold plus shares of Disney in a fixed exchange ratio.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV Changes 20th October…Some SD channels closing, more HD channels.
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV1 – SD and HD swap for Sky and Freesat channel 103
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- ITV HD satellite changes
- Using a Sky HD box and recently lost signal for your ITV1 on channel 103?
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- Lost Sky News and Pick? They have changed frequencies!
- Freesat drops a load of music channels