Premier League TV Packages revealed
The Premier League has issued the tender document for the television rights to its fixtures for the 2019-22 seasons.
The Premier League will make 200 of its 380 matches a year available, 42 more than at present, with three rounds of midweek and one of Bank Holiday games accounting for all but two of the additional fixtures.
The 2019 season will also herald the advent of regular Saturday night Premier League football, with eight matches per season on offer under a three-year contract
The 200 matches have been divided into seven packages, A to G, with the first five featuring traditional kick-off times and the eight Saturday 7.45pm games.
The seven packages available:
32 matches – Saturday 12.30pm
32 matches – Saturday 5.30pm
24 matches – Sunday 2pm. 8 matches – Saturday 7.45pm
32 matches – Sunday 4.30pm
24 matches – Monday 8pm or Friday 7.30-8pm. 8 matches – Sunday 2pm
All 20 matches – from one Bank Holiday and one midweek fixture programme
All 20 matches – from two midweek fixture programmes
Sky and BT are expected to be the key players in the auction early in 2018
But indications that the internet giants, like Amazon and Gogole, are still testing the water of live sport and the forthcoming auction for Premier League rights is too soon for them.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- ITV1+1 gone from older Sky Digiboxes
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- ITVBe – a new mainly female-oriented channel from ITV
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- ITV HD satellite changes