Channel 4 wins rights to show Wales International Rugby
Channel 4 has snapped up the rights to show international Rugby Union fixtures involving Wales this summer.
The broadcaster will show exclusive live coverage of Wales’ test matches against South Africa and Argentina. kicking off on 2nd June (22:00 BST) with Wales versus The Springboks.
Wales then head to South America to take on Argentina on Saturday, 9 June (UK kick off time 8.40pm) in San Juan. Warren Gatland’s men face Argentina again a week later on 16 June (UK kick off time 8.40pm) at Santa Fe.
Warren Gatland’s side will face South Africa in the United States before heading to South America where they face a double-header against Argentina.
Channel 4’s Sports Editor Stephen Lyle said:
“We’re really excited to be bringing rugby to Channel 4 viewers for the first time and the fact it’s Wales taking on teams of the calibre of South Africa and Argentina makes it even more special.”
The deal to broadcast Wales’ summer tests comes off the back of a recent announcement which will see Channel 4 broadcast nine live matches each season of The Champions Cup, the pinnacle of European Club Rugby union, starting this October.
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Having temporary loss of UK satellite TV signals in the morning? Dont worry, it is just the biannual solar outage time (March 2021)
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- New Arris Freesat 4K box officially released
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit
- Is Sky UK Cardsharing coming to an end – some channels now unavailable!
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- Freesat drops a load of music channels
- Popular streaming app Mobdro not working and closed down?
- BeIN Sports – Cards and Receiver changes