Formula E on the BBC
Formula E, the electric street racing series , is coming to the BBC
From next month, live coverage of every race will be available from the BBC online and via the red button.
Starting 15th December, with the season opener – the the SAUDIA Ad Diriyah E-Prix – all races will be live across the BBC Sport website, BBC iPlayer and the BBC Red Button service on traditional TV platforms.
Formula E UK TV rights used to be with Channel 5.
One E-Prix is also due to be broadcast live on one of the BBC’s main channels, as part of the deal. The move marks a return to motorsports on the BBC after it surrendered live coverage of Formula 1 in 2015.
Ali Russell, Media & Business Development Director at Formula E said:
“The ABB FIA Formula E Championship will continue to be broadcast to the masses and across a variety of platforms in the UK. It’s imperative that Formula E remained on a free-to-air network in such an important territory and key market for motorsport. What better place to showcase some of the best and most competitive racing than on the BBC. We’re fully-charged and ready for the new season on the streets of the most recognisable cities – and this year promises to be more intense and unpredictable than ever.”
Barbara Slater, Director of BBC Sport said:
“It’s great news that live motorsport is returning to our screens at the BBC. I’ve no doubt the upcoming season will bring with it some exciting wheel-to-wheel moments and we can’t wait for it to begin.”
Top 10 Most Viewed Posts In The Last 7 Days
- Humax Freesat Remote Control not working
- ITV changes on the 13th April 2021
- IPTV Buffering and Freezing – try these tips
- ITV 1 Christmas Day TV Schedule
- How to add C4HD to your Humax Freesat box
- BeIN Sports (Mena) Receiver Updates Not Working – this solution worked for me!
- Changes to Sky Sports from 1st October 2018
- BBC Satback Update : Intelsat 901 now at 27.5W
- Sky Sports Mix frequency
- UK TV and Streaming in Spain post Brexit